Saturday, April 7, 2012

Life Moves On

Today I have been thinking a lot about how nothing in life seems to last anymore. The more I grow up, the more I see that almost all the good things I have ever known eventually change or fall apart. I was watching Friends earlier on TV and it was the last episode of the last season. This group of friends had been together for ten years, and then a few of them moved away and everything changed. I found myself getting sad because I was thinking about similar situations in my life.

Obviously, change is needed at some points in life. Many times, we have no control over the changes in our lives, and we must come to accept them. Even though it is a natural part of life, sometimes I get sad when people that have been such a big part of my life have to move on to the next phase of life and we have to part ways. I love the guys in my apartment this year, and I am realizing that when two of them graduate in a matter of weeks how much I will miss hanging out with them all the time, and just the great people they are. It’s always hard losing seniors on a basketball team, but with me getting to know them so much more this year, it won’t be the same without them around next year.

Another thing that I am not looking forward to is when my brother and sister and their spouses move away. Both of them want to live far away from Ohio, which is completely understandable. However, I love my family and I hate the thought that I won’t be able to see them whenever I want. I think about how often my parents see their siblings and I start to get a little depressed. On top of that is the fact that my basketball career will be over in less than 11 months and my time at MVNU not long after.

With all these changes going on around me, it seems like the saying might be true, “All good things come to an end.” As sad as it is, though, to see friends and family members move on in life, I realize how lucky I have been to have the experiences with each of these people that I did. I have been so blessed to have such great people around me, and even when I am not around these people in the future and in contact at times, I will still have the moments and the things I learned from each experience with me. Plus, there are some relationships that will always be the same, no matter how much time or distance comes between the people. I have a few friends that I’ll go a long time without talking to, but whenever we are home together and hang out, everything is back to how it has always been. Then I have the group of friends I hang out with basically every time I am home. I could talk to those three people about anything at all and I know they will always be there for me. And so will my family, no matter where we all are in the world.

Maybe there’s a little hope after all………………

No comments:

Post a Comment